8.12.2009

Zucc's & Tomatoes

I cooked up my Farmer's Market veggies the other night... here's what I did:

2 large zucchini (or 3-4 small ones)
1 medium tomato
1-2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. of oil
I used my garlic basil oil, but I usually use EVOO {extra virgin olive oil for those of you who don't watch Rachael Ray!}. The infused oil is nice because you don't have to add basil or oregano or anything. Chop up the garlic and brown in the oil over medium heat.
Then add the zucchini. Cook about 5 minutes, or longer if you want softer zucchini. I like it with a little crunch.

When the zucchini are almost to the desired crunch/softness you like, add the tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper {I always use lemon pepper and add a few drops of lemon juice as well}.
Normally I top it with parmesan, but I forgot to pick up more at the store! Super easy to make and takes less than 10 minutes. I make a lot of it so I can bring it to work for lunch too :)


4 comments:

  1. holy canoli, that looks declicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm, i make that same thing too! sometimes i get really fancy and add some kind of squash..i usually serve it over chicken.but i know you dont eat that haha..yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ate the leftovers with feta! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks :)